Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Random Act of Kindness - WOW


This morning, I received a text from one of my clients that read "Text me when you're awake and have a minute, something weird happened with my honeymoon registry."  I immediately thought "uh-oh" and hoped it wasn't something bad.  I messaged her back only to find out that someone who neither her or her fiance knew, purchased over $2000 in gifts for them.  Neither of us knew what to think.  I figured, it must be a mistake, maybe some kind of scam, but I'm not really sure how that would work.  Then she posted the following on her Facebook: 


She mentioned that she was having a hard time believing that this was real, and that a stranger could do something so meaningful. She reached out to who she believed it was on Facebook (they did sign the above note) and we waited.

In the meantime, I reached out to my network of travel professionals first, to see if anyone had heard of anything like this before.  Several of them suggested what I had already though, call the registry people.  So, I reached out to the people at Honeymoon Wishes and let them know my client had received an unusual gift. They immediately knew what I was talking about, and said that it was flagged by them this morning and they were looking into it.

About an hour later, I heard back from the CEO of Honeymoon Wishes and he informed me that this was a first for him, that in 10 years of business, they had never had such a gesture occur before, and quite frankly, didn't know how to confirm that it was legitimate. He had personally spoken to the gentleman who purchased the generous gifts for my clients, and it did in fact seem to be legitimate.  My client posted on social media a few days ago, mentioning they had booked their honeymoon (through me of course) and now they just need $6,000 to pay for it..and she shared a link to her honeymoon registry.  Somehow, the stranger came across the post and thought they could use some help.

My client heard back from the stranger, and thanked him profusely. When she asked him why he picked her, his response was:

"You were picked totally at random.  My wife and I were married at Disney 20 years ago and it's been a huge part of our lives.  You kids looked like you could use some help."

Did you know that you could create a honeymoon registry of your own on my website?  Check it out here: https://magiccarpetdestinations.honeymoonwishes.com/

All we see in the headlines lately is a lot of bad news, tragedy, and hate.  I don't want to get political, but I'll say that this random act of kindness from one stranger to another, has restored my faith in humanity for just a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments for us, we want to know what you have to say.